This short course focuses on the skills and knowledge required to interpret and apply the relevant building codes and standards applicable to the National Construction Code (NCC) Classes 1 and 10 buildings, up to two storeys high. The benefits of this course include:
- Enhanced knowledge and skills: This short course provides you with the knowledge and skills required to access, interpret and apply relevant building codes and standards. You will develop a thorough understanding of the National Construction Code (NCC) Classes 1 and 10 buildings.
- Suitable for construction professionals: The course is designed for builders, site managers, and other construction professionals with the responsibility of ensuring compliance with building codes and standards. Units of competency are suited to those using specialised knowledge to complete routine and non-routine tasks and using their own judgement to deal with predictable and unpredictable problems.
- Stepping-stone to further qualifications: With a solid foundation of knowledge and skills, this short course can be a great stepping-stone if you are considering further study, like a diploma, certificate or other qualification.
- Interesting career opportunities: Successful completion of this course could lead to an exciting career as a registered builder, company director, site supervisor, or foreman.
- Practical knowledge: This course is focused on practical knowledge, meaning you will learn skills that can be directly applied to your work in the construction industry. This includes understanding building classifications (classes 1-10), construction compliance requirements, fire control elements and fire resistance levels, and building plans and specifications.
With this course, you will learn valuable skills and knowledge applicable to industry practices. This is a great investment in your career and future, helping you to grow your opportunities and knowledge.