In this short course, you’ll learn the skills you need to access, interpret and apply the relevant building codes and standards that apply to the construction of medium-rise commercial and wide-span buildings (i.e. medium-rise licensing classification with reference to Classes 1 and 10 construction, Classes 2 and 3 to a maximum of 3 storeys, and Classes 4 to 9 to a maximum of 3 storeys, not including Type A construction).
This standalone unit derives from the Diploma of Building and Construction (Building) CPC50210.
To successfully construct medium-rise buildings, you need to understand the purpose and content of the Building Code of Australia (BCA), and be able to interpret other codes and standards related to a specific building.
This course will give you skills and knowledge relating to:
- the Building Codes of Australia (BCA) for medium-rise projects
- buildings classifications
- deemed-to-satisfy provisions
- construction problems and solutions
- fire control elements and fire resistance levels